We are pleased to announce that Institute of Communication Studies (ICS), University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan is holding an International Conference on “FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION: GLOCAL POLITICS OF EMOTIONS” at Institute of Communication Studies, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
This Conference aims to gather researchers, media practitioners from the fields of communication and humanities of national and international repute. It aims to bring the academia and the media practitioners on the same table and discuss the issues from theoretical and practical point of view. It will be a venue for an intensive intellectual exchange and discussion of current and relevant issues regarding Global Media ethics.
The conference themes are:
- Meta narratives of freedom of speech
- Cyber world and hate speech
- Blasphemy: Legal perspectives and remedies
- Cartoons communication and ethical dilemmas
- Blasphemy and religions in the contemporary world
- Sacred or secular: Politics of emotions
The submission of abstracts is now open for the conference. The abstract should be around 250-300 words.
Submission of Abstracts: June 10, 2015
Result of Abstract Review: June 30, 2015
Full Paper Submission: September 20, 2015
Please send us your abstract before the deadline to:
Dr. Bushra Rahman,
Institute of Communication Studies,
University of the Punjab
Ph: +92-42-99230518, +92-42-99231225
Selected papers will be published in the conference number of the Journal of Media Studies www.jms.edu.pk
Conference Venue: Institute of Communication Studies, University of the Punjab.
Lodging will be provided by the Institute of Communication Studies at the University Executive Club. In addition, partial airfare will also be reimbursed based purely on merit.
- We are offering video conference facility depending on the number of requests as there should atleast be 4-5 virtual presenters so that we can schedule a formal session.
- Listeners are welcome without any charges to attend the conference however, lunch and dinners are not free. Nominal charges will have to be paid for luncheons and suppers.
Fee Details for registration:
Payments can be made through cross cheque in favour of PUCSRC
Foreign Teacher/Researcher: 100 USD
Foreign Student: 50 USD
National Teacher/Researcher: 1000 PKR
National Student: 700 PKR
Foreign: 100 USD
Students: 2000 PKR
PU Students: 1000 PKR
Note: Registration fee will be on received arrival.